• Olive oil
• 1 package ravioli cooked halfway
• 1 jar marinara (check the label – get one with less sugar and calories)
• 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese & ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese mixed together
• 2 cups of chopped vegetables (examples: zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, red peppers, mushrooms)
• 2 cups fresh spinach or 1 package frozen (defrost and squeeze out all the water)
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 T basil, 1 T oregano
• Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 and oil a 9×9 inch pan. Heat skillet to medium high. Add 2 T olive oil and cook onion until soft, add garlic and cook for another minute. Add your chopped vegetables, basil, oregano, and ¼ cup of water and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, remove from heat, and mix in ½ of tomato sauce. The sauce should be a little thin – it will help cook the ravioli the rest of the way.
2. Put thin layer of just sauce in bottom of your pan. Add single layer of raviolis, then a layer of the vegetable mixture and top with cheeses.
3. Repeat #2 above, and finish with the vegetable layer topped with just sauce. Cover with foil and cook for 45 minutes. If you want to brown the top, take off the foil after 30 minutes
4. Remove from oven & let cool for 10 minutes, then serve.