Makes 6 servings
• 1 heart of Romaine lettuce, chopped
• 1 cucumber, chopped
• 1 red pepper or tomato, chopped
• 1 can garbanzo beans/chick peas, drained and rinsed
• 5 radishes, stems removed, thinly sliced
• 1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves, stems removed
• Optional: add chopped onions or pickles
• You can mix and match whatever vegetables you have
• 1 lemon, juiced
• ⅓ cup olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• scant ¼ tsp ground allspice
• Optional: add a little honey
• In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped lettuce, vegetables, beans, and parsley.
• To make the lemon vinaigrette, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and spices in a small bowl.
• Dress the salad with the vinaigrette and toss lightly. Enjoy!