• 2/3 cup quinoa
• 1 1/3 cups water
• 1 bunch kale, torn into bite-sized pieces
• 1/2 avocado – peeled, pitted, and diced
• 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
• 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
• 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
• 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Bring the quinoa and 1 1/3 cup water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Place kale in a steamer basket over 1 inch of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover saucepan with a lid and steam kale until hot, about 45 seconds; transfer to a large plate. Top kale with quinoa, avocado, cucumber, bell pepper, and red onion
3. Put olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, sea salt, and black pepper in a jar and shake until it emulsifies into the dressing; pour over the salad.