• 1 cup flour (spoon flour into measuring cup and level off)
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 1/3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
• 1/2 cup dark raisins (or dried cranberries)
Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and set the rack on the lower and upper thirds of the oven.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and granulated sugar until smooth. Mix in the brown sugar, then the egg, applesauce, and vanilla.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix in. Then add the oats and raisins.
5. Drop the batter by rounded teaspoons 2-inches apart on the baking sheets and use a fork to gently flatten the dough.
6. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they “look dull on the surface but are moist and soft”, Rotate baking sheets during baking for even heating.
(You can make them bigger but whatever size you make them, just bake them until they look dull on the surface but are moist and soft)
Storage: Once cool, store the cookies in an air tight container at room temperature.