This is an incredibly easy, fast and affordable one dish meal. It includes lean protein, fresh vegetables and whole grain pasta. Enjoy!
• 1 lb. whole wheat pasta
• 3 T. olive oil
• 1 lb. boneless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
• 2 c. vegetables in bite size pieces (spinach, broccoli, peas)
• 1 can cream of mushroom soup
• 1 can low fat milk
• Salt & pepper
• 1-2 c. low fat cheese as desired
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Cook pasta (2-3 minutes less than package directions), drain and put aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a large pan. Toss chicken in flour, then put in the oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until chicken is done. Put chicken in a big bowl, set aside.
4. Cook your vegetables in the same pan and add a little milk. This will thicken because of the flour from the chicken. Add the can of soup and the rest of the milk and bring to a simmer. Pour into bowl with chicken.
5. Add the pasta and mix everything together. Let sit for a little bit so pasta can absorb liquid. Put it into a casserole dish and heat until really hot and top with cheese. Cover until cheese is melted and serve.