• 3 T. vegetable oil
• 2 c. chopped onions
• 2 lb. carrots, peeled and sliced (4 c.)
• 1/2 c. diced potato
• 5 c. chicken broth or vegetable broth
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until they begin to soften (do not brown). Stir in carrots and potato and stir for a minute or two. Add broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until carrots and potato are tender, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly.
2. Working in batches, puree in blender until smooth and return
to the pot (or use a stick blender). Add more broth by 1/4 cupfuls if too thick. Season with salt and pepper.
• 1 tsp. curry powder & 1 T minced peeled fresh ginger – add when you are cooking the onions
• 1 T. fresh chopped dill & 1 cup orange juice after soup is pureed and simmer for 5 minutes
• 1 c. Plain yogurt – stir in right before serving; do not boil
Did you know? This is the easiest soup to make and a great way for your kids to eat their veggies. For another soup, substitute cauliflower for the carrots.