• ½ large cabbage
• ½ large onion
• 3 T. olive oil
• 1 T. caraway seeds
• Salt & pepper
1. Take the hard core out of the cabbage and slice very thin. Slice onion very thin.
2. Heat a pan and add olive oil and onions, sprinkle with salt and cook until very soft but not brown. Sprinkle in caraway seeds, cabbage and ¼ cup water.
3. Mix everything together, cover pan, lower heat and simmer for ten minutes.
4. Take the lid off and stir. Cook until water is gone.
5. Taste and add salt and pepper.
Did you know? While green cabbage is the most commonly variety of cabbage, try using red cabbage. It is full of more protective nutrients than green cabbage and is rich with dietary antioxidants that help your body to fight off infections like colds and flus. And what a beautiful color!