• 1 lb. boneless chicken breast
• 2 T. oil
• ½ c. onions, sliced
• 1 pepper, diced
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 c. black beans rinsed and drained
• ½ c. salsa
• ½ c. corn
• 1 tsp. cumin
• ½ tsp. oregano
• 6 8-inch tortillas
• 2 c. enchilada sauce
1. Place chicken in a pan and cover with water. Simmer until done, about 10-15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350°.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the onion and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin and oregano and cook another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the salsa and black beans and heat up and then using a potato masher, mash beans so that some are broken and some are whole. Add the corn and cook until heated.
5. Spray a 9 x 13″ casserole pan with cooking spray. Spread ½ cup of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the dish.
6. Spoon bean mixture evenly in the center of the tortillas and roll the tortillas up leaving the ends open, and place them seam down in the casserole dish.
7. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and cover casserole and put in oven for 15 minutes, uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Return it to the oven for another 10 minutes.
Did you know? Beans are a great substitute for meat when it comes to protein. They provide essential amino acids needs by the human body.