• 6 apples – peeled, cored, and diced
• ½ c. butter, melted
• 1 c. all-purpose flour
• 1 c. white sugar
• 1 c. quick-cooking oats
• 2 T. ground cinnamon, divided
• ¼ c. butter, cut into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Put apples in a 9×13 inch baking dish and sprinkle with 2 T water. In a bowl, mix melted butter, flour, sugar, oats, and 1 T. cinnamon to form a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle over apples. Dot with remaining ¼ c. butter, and sprinkle with remaining 1 T. cinnamon.
3. Bake 50 minutes in the oven, until lightly browned and apples are tender.
The best apples to use for apple crisp, or apple pie, are Granny Smith or Fuji apples. The tartness of these apples compliments the sugar in the recipe.