Sunday Suppers is an innovative community based program that works with families to improve health and well-being through the family meal, hands-on cooking lessons, community gardening and exercise. Every week Sunday Suppers families share a healthy dinner around a family table. They learn about fresh and healthier foods, different cooking techniques, simple nutrition facts and the importance of family meals.
The Program Manager will be responsible for overall program operations with an emphasis on relationship building with community partners and families. The Program Manager can expect to direct our weekly family suppers, lead recruitment efforts, support participating families, manage program staff, oversee operations, and coordinate special events. This dynamic position is key to Sunday Suppers meeting its mission to strengthen the health and well-being of families through the transformative power of family meals. As a small organization, Sunday Suppers is looking for a Program Manager who can be both, involved in and direct programming. This is an exciting time to join our organization as the program is expanding to reach more families and it offers opportunities for expanded leadership. Responsibilities include:
Program Planning, Development & Delivery
● Establish relationships with community, stakeholders and organizations.
● Create and oversee a robust recruitment plan.
● Engage family participants in weekly program, meetings and focus groups, utilizing feedback to ensure programs are responsive to the needs of families.
● Implement communication plan.
● Develop and create new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
● Identify and provide resources to increase access to healthy food
● Participate in relevant committees, trainings and meetings.
Management & Leadership
● Recruit and interview interns, volunteers and peer leaders. Provide training and supervision.
● Design and execute new systems and processes to support additional program sites
● Lead weekly program meetings with staff, interns and volunteers and maintain regular ongoing team communications.
● Represent Sunday Suppers at conferences, meetings and other venues
● Commitment to openness, transparency, fairness and social justice.
● Respectful of all people, cultures and backgrounds.
● Creativity, innovation and sense of humor.
Skills & Experience
● A bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 3 years of experience working in community based organizations – outreach and program management.
● The ideal candidate will be dynamic, dedicated to our mission and have experience in community engagement and relationship building, and in the areas of food and nutrition.
● Strong organizational and planning skills, including the ability to manage projects simultaneously and to set priorities in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
● Entrepreneurial and resourceful, with the initiative to develop and implement plans to strengthen, sustain and replicate program model
● Superior communication skills: written, verbal, and oral. Strong ability and experience with building relationships and working across difference.
● Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively
● Dedicated to leadership development of program participants to run parts of the program.
● Pennsylvania Childline and Criminal Background Clearances.
● Must have a car, valid driver’s license and insurance
● Flexibility to work evenings
Sunday Suppers is a fiscally-sponsored project of Share Food Program. Share is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary range is $37,000 to $43,000 based on experience and includes a generous benefits package.
Position to start between August & September – specific date flexible.
Please email resume and cover letter by July 15th to: Linda Samost, Director email@example.com