• 6-8 cups kale leaves loosely packed
• 1 T. Dijon mustard
• 1 T. vinegar
• 2 T. mayonnaise
• 1/2 c. olive oil
• 1T lemon juice
• minced anchovy or anchovy paste (optional)
• 1/4 cup grated or shaved Parmesan cheese
Wash and remove stems from kale and cut in ribbons. Place mustard, vinegar, mayo, olive oil & lemon juice in a jar and shake until creamy. Pour 1/4 cup of dressing onto the kale and firmly massage and crush the greens to work in the flavoring. Stop when the volume of greens is reduced by about half. The greens should look a little darker and somewhat shiny. Add additional dressing to your taste.
Mix the rest of the ingredients (i usually shake them in a jar) and add enough dressing to lightly coat the kale. Add Parmesan and croutons and serve.
*You can make croutons in 5 easy steps*
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Remove crusts from stale bread slices.
3. Brush bread on both sides with melted butter or olive oil.
4. Cut bread slices up into small cubes.
5. Bake at for 15 minutes or until browned.